How to replace a window regulator switch?
Steps of replacing a window regulator switch:
1. Open the door where the window regulator switch needs to be replaced, and locate the gap at the joint of the trim panel and the door panel;
2. Insert the prepared tool into the gap and pry up the trim panel. Take out the trim panel along the gap;
3. Hold up the trim panel and remove the plug of the window regulator switch;
4. Turn the trim panel upside down. Loosen the small fixing screws of the switch, and take down the lifter switch;
5. Install a new window regulator. Tighten the screws and insert the plug;
6. Test the lifting function, and re-install the trim panel after confirming normal function of the switch.
Possible reasons for unsmooth window regulator:
1. Aged glass rubber or dust accumulation;
2. Too much dirt or presence of foreign matters in the glass guide slot;
3. Failure of a glass lifter component.