Methods for inspecting the wear degree of a brake pad?
1. Check thickness of the friction plate:
A brake block consists of two parts: a metallic basal disc and a friction plate. In the course of braking, friction required is generated by the contact between the friction plate and the brake disc. A friction plate typically measures 10 mm in length. If there is only 5 mm left, the brake block has been seriously worn and needs to be replaced.
2. Check if there is any abnormal sound during braking:
In the design of some brake blocks, a metal needle is hidden in the friction plate. When the friction plate is worn to a certain extent, the metal needle will contact the brake disc and let out strident sounds to remind the driver to replace the brake block.
3. Check thickness of the brake block:
The conditions of the brake block can be fully revealed after the tyres are removed. The brake block is consumed continuously during use, and has to be replaced when the thickness threshold is reached.
Advantages of vika brake pad：
1. Thermostability: The vika braking pad exhibits outstanding thermal performance, being able to tolerate 650℃ after repeated braking actions without deformation or melting. It also boasts a high braking torque and a short braking distance.
2. Elimination of dust: Thanks to the advanced ceramic ingredients introduced from Italy, the vika braking pad reduces accumulation of dust effectively, and provides good protection against rust and corrosion.
3. Proprietary technical formula:
A new type of resin has been developed independently. It contributes to better performance and quality of binder for friction materials.
The benefits include more favorable thermal conductivity and faster heat transfer of friction materials, and prevention of performance deterioration due to their decomposition.
Another development used for the products is lightweight and porous filings with top quality. They lead to reduced product density and lower baking noise (noise index: 7.2~7.9).
As a further contribution to consistent product quality, there has been constant improvement in key process machines for crushing, mixing, thermal pressing, and thermal treatment (solidification), process operations, quality detection, and control means.
4. Quality assurance for 60,000 km of mileage.
5. All braking pads have obtained the latest E-MARK certificate.