1. Check the thickness of the brake shoes with the aid of a small flashlight. If the black friction layer of the brake shoe nearly wears out with a thickness of less than 5 mm, it should be replaced;
2. If a screeching metal sound is heard during braking, the alarm iron on the brake block has already begun to scrape against the brake disc;
3. If the brake is softer and more difficult to maneuver than usual, or if you need to press it more deeply to achieve desired braking effect, or if you clearly feel that the pedal is at a lower-than-normal position during emergent braking, the brake block has largely lost its friction force, and has to be replaced;
4. A degradation of braking function will result in higher consumption of braking oil. Hence, remember to check the braking oil when replacing the brake block;
5. If the brake block is equipped with an induction line, a red message “Please check the brake block” will appear after an alarm is triggered. Next, a circle icon will be displayed and surrounded by a few dashed brackets. When the indicator is on, the brake block has been completely worn out, and consequently the braking oil level has dropped dramatically.
Name: brake shoe/rear
Ref No. : 1J0698525/1J0698525B/1J0698525C
Product system: chassis